To get started with bot development, the following resources might be helpful:
- Official C++ SC2 library by Blizzard.
- Example bots:
- PySC2, a Starcraft II machine learning environment by DeepMind in Python.
- Example bots:
- Ocraft S2Client - Multi-threaded and non-blocking Starcraft 2 API client with fluent and reactive interface.
- cljsc2 lets you use the StarCraft II AI API from Clojure.
- Other resources
- The Protobuf protocol definition of the SC2 API.
- On your local machine: /Documents/StarCraft II/stableid.json. Units, abilities, buffs etc. are identified by IDs. This gives you a list of ALL! IDs.
- Docker image for building and running the SC2API on Linux.
- OpenAI Gym environments
- Overseer - Library for analyzing Starcraft 2 maps by region decomposition.
- TechLab, a C++ library inspired by CommandCenter that aims to make it easier to write bots.
- Steven Brown's (@skjb) PySC2 tutorial series:
- Chris' StarCraft II RL Tutorial (PySC2):
You can subscribe to the following channels and get notified when an AI developer goes live:
- TheDoctor: AI development with the C++ API
- Cryptious: Development and tournaments
- randomizer: AI development
- turingsego: AI development
Conferences / Research whitepapers
Improve this Wiki by visiting Under Construction and updating with your own ideas and content!
You can always add descriptions of new bots or tournaments, if you know some that are not listed here yet.
Please help growing this Wiki by adding your own bot!
|4raxBot||ImpulseCloud (Michael Holtan)|
|ByunJR||Ian Gallacher (TheDoctor)|
Tournaments & Ladders
- The sc2ai.net Ladder hosts seasonal tournaments between StarCraft II bots at the moment. However, it is working towards a relaunch with a brand new network-based API and an ELO-based continuous ranking system around December / January.
- StarcraftGym Provides leaderboards of minigame learning agents
- Discord is the main way of communication at the moment. If you don't have an account yet, but are interested in SC2 AI development, you should definitely consider creating one.
- /r/sc2ai Subreddit
- Facebook Group
- List of community members
- German AI Discord server for general AI discussion in native language
Random / Culture
Fun stuff about Starcraft and Deep Learning / AI: