Season 8 Tournament
SC2AI Ladder Season 8 Tournament Will happen from From the 11th January up until the final on 25th January.
- All games will be played on patch 4.10.4
- Ladder will be frozen on 3rd January at 23:59 UTC, and all standings will be final for this season
- Top 12 eligible bots will go forward to the tournament
- Only bots that have made their bot active for at least 2 weeks before the end of the season will be eligible for the tournament
- Only one bot per author will be eligible. In the case that an author has more than one qualifying bot, the author may choose which one to enter into the tournament
- If a bot does not fulfill either of these requirements, the place will go to the next highest placed bot.
- Authors may submit updates and bug fixes up to 10th January at 11:59 UTC for the first round. This will be via a separate upload from the main ladder, details of which will be communicated to authors after the ladder freeze
- All bots must be submitted with full source code, this will be checked for plagiarism and other forms of cheating, but will not be released publicly unless requested by the author
- Bots may change strategy from that used on the ladder, but must maintain the same race.
- After the first round robin, each author will be given up until 23:59 UTC on 17th January to resubmit their bot for the second round robin and final. After this, no more updates will be allowed
- A test framework will be made available for at least 2 weeks before the ladder freeze to better enable authors to test against other bots. More details will follow
- Bots will be separated into 2 groups of 6. Groups will be decided by draft, which will take place on 10th January at 21:30 UTC
- Draft will proceed by seeding top 2 bots from the ladder into the first seed position of each group
- Top seeded author will have first choice to put a bot in their opponents group. This will follow by the second seed choosing a bot for the opposite group
- The author of Each chosen bot will then select another bot to go in the opposite group, until all bots are seeded
- If an author is unavailable for the draft, he may submit possible picks in advance, or failing that, the next highest seeded bot will be selected.
- Each author will be able to veto one map from the pool of 7, and must play one game on each other map during the group phase
- Games will be played in a double round robin format and streamed over 2 weekends of 11th / 12th January and 18th / 19th January. The final games will be streamed live on 25th January.
- Some games may not be streamed due to time availibility, but all replays will be available immediately after the stream
- Rankings in the group will be decided by:
- Overall wins in all matches
- Overall draws in all matches
- Wins vs tied opponent
- Tie breaker between tied bots
- The top 2 bots from each group will play off in a best of 5 elimination bracket in the finals. Each Author may veto one map from the map pool, the veto can change from the group stage.
- 1st: $250
- 2nd: $150
- 3rd: $100
On top of this all bot authors will receive a prize pack with t-shirt. Special prizes will go to:
- Most innovative strategy - Decided by casters
- Best new bot (bot that hasn't competed in previous ladder seasons)
- Most violent bot (most enemy kills)
- Fastest winning bot
- Bot with fastest average frame time
- Sharpened Edge