From Starcraft 2 AI
The ladder format change will apply for the Author-AI league. The encourages more competition towards the end of the season, and maintain a competitive nature through the whole season, with more community interaction on streams and other media.
- Season will consist of 4 game weeks.
- In each week, each bot will play each other bot an indefinite number times.
- Bots can enter or update at any time.
- Bots which crash in more than 50% of their games in a single week will be disabled. Authors will be able to enable them again at any time
- Ladder Maps
- Bots no longer gain ELO points
- As a base value, each bot will receive 1 point for a win, or 0.5 for a draw, 0 for a loss
- There will also be a points multiplier based on how late we are in the season:
- Week 1: 1x
- Week 2: 2x
- Week 3: 3x
- Week 4: 4x
- So for example, a win in week 1 would give you 1 point, where as a win in week 3 will give you 3 points. This is to encourage bots to enter at any stage of the season
- Points for bots will accumulate over each week.