Season 10 Tournament
From Starcraft 2 AI
Revision as of 21:08, 5 August 2020 by Cryptyc (Created page with "SC2AI Ladder Season 10 Tournament Will happen from From the 12th September up until the final on 27th September. == Basics == * Ladder will be frozen 23:59 UTC on 5th Septemb...")
SC2AI Ladder Season 10 Tournament Will happen from From the 12th September up until the final on 27th September.
- Ladder will be frozen 23:59 UTC on 5th September. The top 12 bots will qualify for the tournament
- All games will be played on patch 5.0
- Authors may submit updates and bug fixes up to 11th September at 11:59 UTC for the first round. This will be via a separate upload from the main ladder, details of which will be communicated to authors
- Bots may change strategy from that used on the ladder, but must maintain the same race.
- After the first round, each author will be given up until 23:59 UTC on 18th September to resubmit their bot for the elimination rounds. After this, no more updates will be allowed
- Bots will be separated into 4 groups of 3. Groups will be decided by draft, which will take place on 6th September at 20:00 UTC
- Draft will proceed by splitting the bots into 3 seeding groups based on final ladder position.
- Each group will consist of 1 bot, randomly drawn from each seeding group.
- Top seeded author will then have the option to swap 1 of either the 2nd or 3rd seeded bots with the corresponding seed from any other group.
- Each bot will play a best of 3 series against each other team in their group
- Some games may not be streamed due to time availability, but all replays will be available immediately after the stream
- Rankings in the group will be decided by:
- Overall wins in all series
- Match score
- Result of the game between tied bots
- Tie breaker game between tied bots
- If all 3 bots are tied, 2 tie breaker games will be played. The 2 bots with the longest average winning time will play, with the winner playing the bot with the shortest average winning time for the group decider
- The top 2 bots from each group will play off in double elimination bracket. The group winners will be seeded into the upper bracket, with the bots finishing in 2nd place being seeded into the lower bracket.
- Elimination bracket will be Bo3 games, with the upper bracket final, lower bracket final, and grand final being Bo5
- The bot coming from the upper bracket will be give a 1 map score advantage in the grand final.
- 1st: $250
- 2nd: $150
- 3rd: $100